Can't save edited PDFs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

idmcdonald@integer.co.nz
User

Can't save edited PDFs

Post by idmcdonald@integer.co.nz »

I just purchased this product, checked I have the latest version, added the shiny new license key, and restarted my PC and I can't save edited PDFs (ironically)

It doesn't matter where I try and save the edited file, nor which file I open.

Can someone assist?

Error message attached
ScreenHunter 543.jpg
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Can't save edited PDFs

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, idmcdonald@integer.co.nz

That error message would imply that either you or the application do not have rights to write or make changes to the designated folder location. You will probably find that saving to a local folder, such as your "desktop" will work without issue. I do also notice that you have hidden the path here. In many cases, the path helps us to locate where the cause my lie, so if you are not comfortable sharing that on the public forums, I would like to request that you send us an email, with an unmasked screenshot and a link to this post.

Our email address is support@pdf-xchange.com

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
idmcdonald@integer.co.nz
User

Post by idmcdonald@integer.co.nz »

Daniel hi there and thanks for your quick reply

As I mentioned below it doesn't matter where I try and save the PDF (apart from Desktop which works I've discovered).

I have only tried local folders for which I have full read write modify etc. permissions, where I save other documents form Office applications.

Save As gives the same result

I have uninstalled the application completely, restarted, installed from my registration email, and added the license key and I can still only save PDFs to Desktop or Desktop subfolders

Attached are a few examples of saving locally with the same results
Attached are the permissions for both Desktop and Documents
The permissions are exactly the same
Note: Both are being synch'd by OneDrive. Is that a limitation of PDF-XChange?
Attachments
ScreenHunter 546.jpg
ScreenHunter 547.jpg
ScreenHunter 548.jpg
ScreenHunter 549.jpg
ScreenHunter 550.jpg
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, idmcdonald@integer.co.nz

Thank you for these images. After speaking with the Dev team, and running quite a few tests, we have not been able to reproduce this yet even after changing a combination of windows and OneDrive settings. As such, this investigation will take some more detailed discussion, involving settings and possibly a remote session.
In pre-empt to that, could I ask you to please send us an email, with a link to this article, and any details you can offer about your OneDrive system/account settings that have any impact on "syncing" the files from your PC.

You can make that email out to the attn of myself, Our email address is support@pdf-xchange.com

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com