Feature Request: Multiple Zones With Select Text Tool

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Feature Request: Multiple Zones With Select Text Tool

Post by PHK »

As presently configured, one can select only one area of base text content at a time using the Select Text Tool. I would like to select multiple areas for each selection for instance by holding down the Control key to select additional text areas while the Select Text Tool is active. In this way, the first selected area of text would stay active and the second, etc., area(s) would become active as well and all that has been selected would be pasted into the new destination.

I frequently use the Select Text Tool to create bookmarks. But sometimes the line of text has more content than would be appropriate for the bookmark. For instance, a credit card statement might have a line like this: "05/01 05/01 COSTCO GAS #0347 INDIANAPOLIS IN $22.52" and I only want "05/01 COSTCO GAS" and "$22.52" in the Bookmark. So ideally, I would like to select the first phrase, hold down the Control key and select the second phrase, and so on to create the Bookmark. Yes, I know I can select the entire line and then edit out the unwanted content in the new Bookmark, but my proposal would make it easier.

I thank you in advance for your consideration of this suggestion.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Multiple Zones With Select Text Tool

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PHK,

thanks for the suggestion.

I asked the dev team if they consider this is a practical feature and it was accepted. I have raised a formal Feature Request, and while the ticket is intended for internal use only, referring to RT#5614: Feature Request :: Editor :: Multiple Zones With Select Text Tool will facilitate any support staff member getting you a status update.

We typically would not expect this to be delivered right away, I cannot promise when this may eventuate at this point.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Re: Feature Request: Multiple Zones With Select Text Tool

Post by PHK »

Thank you, Paul.
All best,

FringePhil