Multiple Page Selection

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jessie_J
User

Multiple Page Selection

Post by Jessie_J »

Hello,

I have multiple page selection question.
Please refer to attached image.
Multiple Page Selection.png
I want to delete page.1,2,4,5,7,8 & 16-18, so I click and drag to select P.1,2,4,5,7,8 first;
then I found I can't press ctrl+shift or any key to add selection P.16-18 when dragging, the range I selected before will be canceled.

Is there any way to complete this operation?
I usually have to delete multiple pages in a file when working.
I don't want to click one page by page....it's pretty tired.... :(
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Page Selection

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jessie_J,

Welcome to our forums.
You can select only one region, and can then add additional pages by holding down only the Ctrl key and clicking on the additional pages one by one. If you expect to need to delete multiple regions - you might find it easier to do it one region at a time.

Kind regards,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello all,

this is something I have already missed occasionally as well.

With Adobe products, this is possible by holding Shift or Shift+Ctrl while selecting additional pages by click-dragging over additional pages with the mouse. Selecting additional page ranges by Shift and/or Ctrl-clicking on the start and end of an additional page range doesn't work there either, though (it works like that for example on Google Photos).

So if you want to beat Adobe to the punch, please consider implementing the feature of adding more non-contiguous thumbnail page ranges to already selected pages by selecting the beginning of the additional page range by Ctrl+Clicking, and then selecting the end of the additional page range by Shift+Ctrl+Clicking.

This would be totally awesome. If the same were possible with bookmarks, that would be even better!

Thank you
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Jessie_J
User

Post by Jessie_J »

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the advice.

However, after deleting a region, the layout is also changed.
SPREAD CHANGE.PNG
I will not be able to select what I want to delete as a region, because the sequence changed.

So it seems I can only choose holding down ctrl and click to add pages.... :(
What a pity! It's so inconvenience.

Hello David,

So happy someone has the same issue. Miss drag-clicking for additional pages in Adobe,too.
Below is such a good idea! Wish there's this function in near future! :D
consider implementing the feature of adding more non-contiguous thumbnail page ranges to already selected pages by selecting the beginning of the additional page range by Ctrl+Clicking, and then selecting the end of the additional page range by Shift+Ctrl+Clicking.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello all,

I agree with Jessie, and correct myself somewhat to be more clear:
please consider implementing the feature of adding more n̶o̶n̶-̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶g̶u̶o̶u̶s thumbnail page ranges to already selected pages by selecting the beginning of the additional page range by Ctrl+Clicking, and then selecting the end of the additional page range by Shift+Ctrl+Clicking.
Thank you
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guys,

I asked the dev team about this and they agreed to do it. The ticket for your reference is RT#5617: Feature Request :: Editor :: Multiple Page Selection in Thumbnails pane

You cannot access the ticket, it is for internal use only, but asking about it with the above reference will allow any support staff member to get you a status update.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com