Which should I use: Adobe Acrobat DC or PDF-XChange Editor?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rony_00
User

Post by rony_00 »

For numerous years, I had been using Adobe Acrobat DC. I came upon PDF-XChange Editor today and downloaded the free version, which seems to work well for me. Is it a good idea to replace Adobe Acrobat with this? I'm looking for help.
David.P
User

Re: Which should I use: Adobe Acrobat DC or PDF-XChange Editor?

Post by David.P »

One of the most read threads of all time on the Adobeforums says almost all about this question...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-dc-so-horrible-it-s-making-me-want-to-cry/m-p/7112272

This aside, I wouldn't even know where to start recommending PDF-XChange Editor over Acrobat DC.

For example, in many respects, PDF-XChange Editor can be ten to a hundred times faster than Acrobat DC.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello David.P,

Many thanks for the kind words!

@rony_00 - we should be able to offer you pretty much any tools that you need to create and modify PDF files, and what Adobe would be able to offer you and we don't is e.g. some services that rely on their own servers that we obviously can't offer. Apart from such services - you will have full control over your PDF files with our products!
If you briefly let us know what specifically you need to do - we will be happy to point you out to how you can achieve this with our software!

Kind regards,
Stefan
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

I used Acrobat DC for years before switching to XCHANGE . I've been almost a year using xchange every single day and since then I never looked back and I think I'll never will.
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)