snaping to the polygon that I was drawing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jojoyubby
User

snaping to the polygon that I was drawing

Post by Jojoyubby »

This is a bug in the current version that all the drawing tools (polygon, area measurement) now snap to itself while I am drawing the shape. it end the polygon prematurely whenever a point falls in an enclosing line. Can it be revert to how it was? the only way to make it work now is to turn off the snap. but I want to have the precision for area measurement. very frustrating. :oops:
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: snaping to the polygon that I was drawing

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Jojoyubby

You mention the current version, however, this latest release was made available shortly after we noticed that exact issue and resolved it, so I suspect you are still running build 353.0. Please update the software to the current latest release, build 354.0 to take advantage of this fix.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jojoyubby
User

Post by Jojoyubby »

Many thanks. Sorry my bad not noticing the update.

A suggestion for a future version. would it be possible to have a feature to subtract a region from area measurement? and have it clear/unhatched in the graphical highlighting?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jojoyubby,

Unfortunately the area measurement tool is a single object in the PDF specification, so the way to "subtract" from it would be to so e.g. manually manipulate the existing control points so that you decrease the initially measured area until it matches the new desired region you want to have measured.

Kind regards,
Stefan