Automatically create new fields (for signature, text) at specific positions on blank PDF?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anthonyb
User

Automatically create new fields (for signature, text) at specific positions on blank PDF?

Post by anthonyb »

Hello,

A little bit of background first:

My organization is taking multiple excel / word documents converting to PDF, merging PDF documents, then adding fields for signature / text before sending out to multiple users for sign-off.

I am looking a method to automatically create new fields for signatures and text at specific positions on a fresh PDF.

The signature/text fields and their positions are the same every time.

Is there a way to do this without using javascript? I am inexperienced with javascript and unsure how to go about that.

Thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Automatically create new fields (for signature, text) at specific positions on blank PDF?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, anthonyb

If you need to not only place the field, but also sign the document itself, you could use PDF-Tools, our batch processing suite, and its "sign documents" feature, which allows you to place a signature in a specific location on a specific page in multiple documents simultaneously.

If you do specifically need to create new unsigned fields though, the best option I can think of (assuming that you do not need to place multiple of these fields, in the same location on different pages, in the same document) is to simply copy/paste the field. Once placed at a page location in the first document, use the "select fields" tool, and click the field, then use Ctrl+C to copy it.
Now you can open each of the other documents, quickly navigate to the page in question, and use Ctrl+V to paste another copy of the field in the same location on that page. Note that if you do this to other pages in the same document, the two fields will be linked, meaning once one is signes, both will show that same signature.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com