Rename bookmark not saved

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kai_jh
User

Rename bookmark not saved

Post by kai_jh »

When I open a PDF that already contains bookmarks and then rename a bookmark (I do so via F2 in the Bookmarks pane), PDFXChangeEditor does not recognize that the document was changed ('dirty' flag in programmers language). I do not see the star after the filename, do not get a save dialog and the change is ignored. If I do other changes (tested with adding another bookmark and deleting it, the renamed bookmark is saved). It appears to me as if this is a small bug that someone forgot to set the flag when a rename of the bookmark is processed. I tested with 3 different PDFs, all the same behavior and am using v9.0 build 354.0 of PDFXChange Editor Plus.
Ovg
User

Re: Rename bookmark not saved

Post by Ovg »

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=36603
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Rename bookmark not saved

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ovg,

Thanks for the link to the other topic!
Indeed this has been discovered and fixed already - with the fix coming up in the next build.
In the mean time - renaming the bookmark from it's properties pane does flag the file as modified.

Kind regards,
Stefan