redact a portion of a section of highlighting?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

needsleep
User

redact a portion of a section of highlighting?

Post by needsleep »

If I've highlighted a portion of text, I can redact using the entire select, but what happens if I only have 1 character I want to redact? Must I redact the whole section first? It's like I need a white highlighting color option, assuming I have black text on a white background. Or I need to be able to apply the same highlighting color a second time to remove the first highlighted color.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: redact a portion of a section of highlighting?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, needsleep

Because of your terminology here, There are two ways to read your request which a quite different. Since I am not sure which you truly mean, I will answer both.

If you mean you have placed a "highlight" annotation and want to remove a portion of it:
image.png
Than unfortunatley no, there is no way to remove a section of an existing highlight. To accomplish this, you will need to select the existing highlight, and press the "delete" key to remove it, then apply a new one which does not encompass the passage you do not wish to highlight.

If instead you mean you have placed the redaction tool in an area, and want to remove a portion of it:
image1.png
In this case yes, it can be adjusted BEFORE you have used the "apply" redaction tools (not after, as the content below would already be deleted). To do this, once the redaction has been placed, simply use the grab handles to adjust the size of the redaction comment:
image2.png
image2.png (12.32 KiB) Viewed 276 times
I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com