PDF-XChange Editor and Windows scale and layout factor.  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NejcBW
User

PDF-XChange Editor and Windows scale and layout factor.

Post by NejcBW »

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (OS build 19042.928) and PDF-XChange Editor version 9.0 build 354.0.

I use two screens, a main 4K screen running at 175% scale and a side FHD screen running at 100% scale. When PDF-XChange Editor is opened on the FHD screen it doesn't get scaled down to 100% scale and it retains the 175% scale of the main 4K screen. As a result, all the menus appear too big. However, this doesn't only concern menus but the program as a whole because also the document zoom factor must be reduced so that it fits on the screen. Other software that I have behaves at expected.

Best regards,
Nejc
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor and Windows scale and layout factor.  SOLVED

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Nejc,

Welcome to our Forum.

Please go to this menu, and set the value to System Scale:

UIScale.png

Regards.
NejcBW
User

Re: PDF-XChange Editor and Windows scale and layout factor.

Post by NejcBW »

Hello Dimitrar,

Thank you for the answer! I would have never guessed that this would be the solution, the DPI makes me automatically think that it has something do do with scaling in printing. It's Pixels Per Inch (PPI) that is related to screens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_density#Computer_displays

I think that the description in the settings menu could be improved by making it clear that this has to do with Windows zoom factor and high PPI/DPI screens.

Best regards,
Nejc
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

PDF-XChange Editor and Windows scale and layout factor.

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)

We will see what can be done about that.