Printing a webpage to PDF - header date formatting

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

clintjjohnson
User

Printing a webpage to PDF - header date formatting

Post by clintjjohnson »

When I print a webpage to a PDF in PDF-XChange Pro, I've noticed that recently the automatic/default header's date format has changed. It's always been in the format of mm/dd/yyyy, but now it's been changed to dd/mm/yyyy.

I've looked throughout the program settings and preferences and cannot find anywhere to edit these settings, nor do I even see a reference to these auto-generated headers and footers. I just installed the latest version of the program today.

Where do I find these settings, and how do I change the date format back? Thanks.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing a webpage to PDF - header date formatting

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, clintjjohnson,

Welcome to our Forum.

These settings are usually taken from the Windows OS.

Could you please check if some settings in your Windows haven't changed ( regional, Time&Date etc.. )?

Regards.
clintjjohnson
User

Post by clintjjohnson »

Hi Dimitar, thanks for your response. No, my Windows settings are correct for my date/time/region. Attached are screenshots of my settings, taken a couple of days ago.
2021-05-10 (1).png
2021-05-10.png
So, what now...? Thanks.
clintjjohnson
User

Post by clintjjohnson »

So, Dimitar or anyone else with info - how do I fix this issue...?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Clint,

are you using File --> Print from the browser to a PDF-XChange Printer?

If I understand your correctly and this is indeed what you are doing, these headers and footers are generated by the Browser not the printer. I just tied that and the date in the header does not correspond to the system settings in my Windows.

A test of this is to try printing the web page to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer for example. That takes our software out of the equation and I expect you will see the exact same headers.

If you are not using File --> Print to convert your documents, please detail how you are doing it.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
clintjjohnson
User

Post by clintjjohnson »

Thanks Paul. Most often, from a Google Chrome browser window I right-click the window, choose Print, and print to a PDF-XChange printer. I tried as you suggested, using Microsoft XPS and Print to PDF and yes, the date format appearing in the header is still incorrect for me.

I then tried printing a webpage using the Firefox browser, and although the date appears in the footer here, it is presented correctly for me, in MM/DD/YYYY format.

I've looked everywhere I can think to look in the Chrome browser and in my Google account for the date format setting, but cannot find it. Any direction you can offer in this regard?

Thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, clintjjohnson

I am unsure about changing the format in Chrome, though in our tests it does not adhere to the system regional settings. I can say that, at least in Chrome, you can disable the addition of their headers entirely,
image.png
Doing this would give you the ability to use another option, such as our customizable headers from within our printer preferences:
image1.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
clintjjohnson
User

Post by clintjjohnson »

Thanks Daniel. I believe I've figured it out.

Using a suggestion on another web source, I found that although I'd set my Chrome "Language" to be English (United States), which would give me the desired date format, I'd not gone a step further and opened a selection to "Display Google Chrome in this Language". Once I selected this setting my dates are again appearing as I want, in MM/DD/YYYY format.

I've no idea why or how or even exactly when it got changed to begin with.

Thank you for your help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello clintjjohnson,

Glad to hear you've figured it out!

Kind regards,
Stefan