Color Picker in "Color" Window

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MJLM
User

Post by MJLM »

Hello,

is there a way to color pick a color from the doucment? My intent is to change the color of a comment I 've made with the same color found on an other comment in the document which is rasterized (preexisting and made by the provider of the document).

If not, would you consider adding a button in the window below for color picking and dynamically selecting on the screen the desired color?
image.png
Of course with a bit of trial and error I could find the color but still, tedious a bit and will not be 100% the same.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Color Picker in "Color" Window

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

@Tracker Software Support

Still an open question (feature request) for a color picker.

Best regards.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi MJLM and Willy,

I was going to suggest a third party color picker as there are many free ones out there, including the Microsoft store, but it was pointed out to me that this approach would likely result in a conversion from whatever colour space is in the document to RGB and it would be better if we used that which is actually specified in the PDF. If it is specified in CMYK for example, a third party color picker RGB value would be an approximation and we can do better.

So, to that end I have raised a formal Feature Request for this. But be aware that this is literally flagged as low priority, there are many other fish to fry first!

The ticket, for your reference is: RT#5602: Feature request :: Editor :: Color Picker in "Color" Window

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MJLM
User

Post by MJLM »

Thank you for considering. :)

Hopefully we will see it one day implemented as doing it through the app is much quicker and convenient that other external workarounds.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MJLM,

The ticket is there, and it is with our devs now! So indeed we will look into this!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Also, it would be convenient to insert the color value as a single set of hexadecimal values (#4C8788) instead of separate decimal values (76, 135 and 136).
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello all,

I believe that this earlier feature request is related to the present thread, therefore I shall insert it below for easy reference:

https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=34650&hilit=color+picker#p148535
David.P wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 am Hello forum and Tracker Team,

while this [#5276: "Add to custom colors" bug] is being worked on, maybe there is a chance to give the color picker dialog an update?

With the current dialog, it seems to be difficult at times to find colors that are just right, and that differ enough from other colors used on the same page already:
image.png

I believe that the Microsoft Office way of picking colors is quite intuitive, and makes it easy to pick colors that are either close to each other, or far apart from each other -- depending on what you want to say with your colors:
image.png
image1.png

Thanks for consideration,
Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks David for the examples.

I have made a note on the ticket about this and hopefully that will translate into whatever eventually is delivered.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Jensen Head wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:20 am Also, it would be convenient to insert the color value as a single set of hexadecimal values (#4C8788) instead of separate decimal values (76, 135 and 136).
I second that
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)