Pdf-XChange Editor Plus, Edge Chromium and browser extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

khha
User

Pdf-XChange Editor Plus, Edge Chromium and browser extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”

Post by khha »

I am using the latest version of Pdf-XChange Editor Plus, Edge Chromium and browser extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”.

• Pdf-XChange Editor Plus version 9.0 build 353.0 (apr 19 2021; 15:18:12)
• Edge Chromium version 90.0.818.42
• Edge browser extension PDF-XChange Edge Extension 1.1.1.2

When I go to a SharePoint site and I open a PDF file I see in the right top corner the “PDF-XChange Edge Extension” icon is activated. When I click on it I see “Open in PDF-Xchange Editor”. This is a great feature. I am very happy with it because we lose the embedded IE11 functionality of PDF-Xchange. Praise to “tracker-software”.

I see only one problem when I do this. When I modify the PDF in PDF-Xchange and would like to save it, it don’t know any more whats the original location of this PDF file. So I need to click on save as and click on “SharePoint”. After this I need to add the url of the SharePoint site/library. When I do this, than it recognize it is a PDF from a SharePoint site and you will see the SharePoint functionality like check out.

Why is PDF-Xchange losing the location of the opened PDF file from SharePoint by the Edge extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pdf-XChange Editor Plus, Edge Chromium and browser extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello khha,

I've asked our developers to take a look at your post, and I will add additional information to this topic as soon as I have it!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pdf-XChange Editor Plus, Edge Chromium and browser extension “PDF-XChange Edge Extension”

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello again khha,

I just found out that we already have a Feature request like this in our system:
#5200: Feature Request :: Editor :: SharePoint, The Edge, and Editor working together.
So I will add your forum topic to it, and we will post here when it is resolved!

Kind regards,
Stefan