Delete - Grayed out  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

4mc
User

Delete - Grayed out

Post by 4mc »

I'm a new user and hoping someone can point me to the obvious mistake I'm making.

I have a 56-page pdf, created by scanning a magazine in. I want to delete all the pages that have a full page advertisement. I open the pdf, scroll to the first page I need to delete, right click on the page I want to delete and delete is not active?
pdexchange.jpg
Also, as far as I can see there is not visual editor with PDF-XChange Editor, where you can drag/drop pages to reogranise, or delete pages?

So the only way to delete a complete page is from the Organize/Delete Pges menu which requires actually selecting page numbers of the pages to be deleted?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lev
User

Re: Delete - Grayed out  SOLVED

Post by lev »

The Delete you are referring to is for annotations. Open Thumbnails pane and delete pages from there. Ctrl+Shift+D is another option, but more cumbersome for what you want to do.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Delete - Grayed out

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello 4mc,

The delete button you are referring to is for selected objects only.

You can delete the page(s) with the help of these menus:

image.png

image.png

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4mc
User

Post by 4mc »

Thanks, disappointing, I would have thought the menu would have been context sensitive, especially since there isn't a drag/drop visual editor to organize, move/delete pages.

Thanks
lev
User

Post by lev »

The Thumbnails pane is the visual editor you are looking for.
4mc
User

Post by 4mc »

lev wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:44 pm The Thumbnails pane is the visual editor you are looking for.
Yes, of course, how had I not seen that, it does page deletes too!

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees when you first enter the forest.

++Mark.
https://ctproduced.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Delete - Grayed out

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ