Comment Tools (lines etc) wont work with mouse

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JasonNZ
User

Post by JasonNZ »

Have been using this software as a paid user for the past few months, primarily with my secondary touch/pen screen attached to the PC for marking up architectural plans.

However when the touch/pen screen is disconnected from my PC the PDFXC Software wont allow me to do anything with the mouse on my main standard monitor, draw lines, add sticky notes, highlight text etc.. just stays as the hand icon where the mouse pointer is.

I have toggled between touch and mouse optimized ui modes but this makes no difference.

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks.

Running Win10 with current updates if that helps.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Comment Tools (lines etc) wont work with mouse

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, JasonNZ

Thank you for the report, To begin I have 4 questions for you.
1. are you running the latest release of our software (9.0.354.0)? If not, please update and confirm that the issue is still present.
2. Can you please confirm the make and model of the touch-screen device you are using when this issue occurs, and if possible, confirm that you have the latest driver updates for it installed as well.
3. Hoe exactly are you disconnecting the device, is it physically connected and you simply unplug it, is it wirelessly connected and you turn the device off? Is there another method you use, perhaps through some software options (and if so, please include screenshots of these options)?
4. Does this issue remain even after a restart of the application, or does all work as expected if you close and re-open the editor?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
JasonNZ
User

Post by JasonNZ »

Hi, thanks for the reply

1. I was on version 352 but have now updated to 354, the issue has persisted though.
2. Huion KAMVAS Pro 24
3. Just turning it off at the screen, latest drivers etc.
4. Issue is permanent through application restarts, pc restarts etc.

For the purposes of trouble shooting
>I unplugged the KAMVAS power, restarted PDFXC, issue persisted
>I disabled the KAMVAS screen completely in windows display settings, restarted PDFXC, issue persisted
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Jason.

Strange.. Have you similar issue with any other app in your system? For example - with MS Office, Photoshop, MS Paint, Notepad etc?
Or with PDFX-Editor only?
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
JasonNZ
User

Post by JasonNZ »

Hi, just PDFX-Editor sadly.

I might try a reinstall tonight, although I imagine the issue will crop up again soon as I use the drawing screen with it.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Jason.

So let me clarify some moments:

1. It looks for you that when you disconnected your touch-device and then if you clicked for example on Rectangle tool:
image.png
image.png (12.8 KiB) Viewed 618 times
- you definitely can't create a new rectangle-comment on the page by your mouse? The mouse's cursor is moving correctly over the pages and toolbars but when you clicked on the page it doesn't start the comment creation?

And when you activated the Rectangle tool the cursor is like:
image1.png
image1.png (421 Bytes) Viewed 618 times

or like this one
image2.png
image2.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 618 times
?

And please show the current state of such options:
image3.png
If you have turned on the "Automatically switch to Pencil/Eraser with Stylus" - please try to disable it. And if it will change your situation - please let us know.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
JasonNZ
User

Post by JasonNZ »

Oh my goodness, enable draw with mouse was unticked.... :shock:

Working like it used to now, somehow hooking up and using the touch screen and pen must have disabled the draw with mouse option as I had not gone into any of the menus to change anything previously to this :evil:

If it does it in future I know how to fix it now, so its not an issue, thanks a ton for the support :D
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)