unable to select/move/delete text object

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

braunerroei
User

unable to select/move/delete text object

Post by braunerroei »

Hello,

Using the latest version, I added a text object ("add text" under objects tool) and since then, there is no option to select the object, to move it and delete it it is just stuck on the page

-Roei
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: unable to select/move/delete text object

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello braunerroei,

Can you please share this file with us? IF sensitive - please e-mail it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.
Does the same happen with other files or just with this particular one?

Kind regards,
Stefan
braunerroei
User

Post by braunerroei »

here is an example pdf
addtext_issue.pdf
(117.85 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello braunerroei,

Thanks for the sample!
Your text is added as base content objects, so you will need to have this tool selected in the menus:
image.png
As for the image - it is pasted as a stamp (a kind of annotation) and that's why you can select it when the hand tool is active.

Kind regards,
Stefan
braunerroei
User

Post by braunerroei »

I see.

I thing it is a design issue, the text object should act the same as the image object.

I don't see why I need to bring the whole PDF document to edit mode, just for deleting a object.

Any way, now I know how to do it.

-Roei
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello braunerroei,

PDF files are complex, and there are several types of objects and content in them.
There is the base content text that you added to your example, and there is also annotation text (e.g. the typewriter/text area tools) - these types of text have different properties and are handled differently internally in the PDF specification, so they do need separate tools for their manipulation. The same is true for images - you can have your 'stamp' with an image inside, as well as base content images.

And on top of that there are also 'layers' which could also contain a mixture of base content and annotation objects, and which can be turned on/off independently from other layers.

It might be a bit confusing at first, and there is a learning curve, but once you get to know all the tools - you will be able to easily make modifications to your PDF files.

Kind regards,
Stefan