Automatically set PDF Exchange Editor settings

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Computer96
User

Post by Computer96 »

I am trying to automatically set a setting in PDF Exchange Editor for hundreds of users at my company.
The setting I am trying to set this setting:
image.png
I want it to be set to "Original Document Folder" rather than the default option of "Last Used Folder". Older versions of PDF Exchange Editor automatically had the "Save As" window set to the original document folder without having to change this setting, so when we upgraded to a newer version, this started messing up everyone because they would have to re-find the file when digitally signing it.

PDF Exchange Editor does have an option where you can export and import settings, but doing this manually for hundreds of users is not something I'm going to do. I am looking for a way to set this setting automatically without having to do that.

I have tried to find where the settings for PDF Exchange Editor are stored so that I can just copy a config file, import registry settings, or whatever it may be, but I cannot seem to find where PDF Exchange Editor stores its settings. Does anybody know? I have already looked in these locations without any luck:

ADMX files for Group Policy - there is no option to set this setting
%AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software
C:\ProgramData\Tracker Software
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Automatically set PDF Exchange Editor settings

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Computer96.

There is a reg file that tunes Editor's settings as you want:

SaveDocsToOriginalFolder.zip
(351 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Computer96
User

Re: Automatically set PDF Exchange Editor settings

Post by Computer96 »

Awesome, thanks! I can deploy that registry entry using group policy. Thanks again!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)