feature request: layers/content groups accompany objects that are copied and pasted

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

stej
User

feature request: layers/content groups accompany objects that are copied and pasted

Post by stej »

Hello,

As far as I know the program behavior I'm hoping for doesn't occur in PDF-XChange Editor v8; I realize it isn't a graphics program but the behavior I'm referring is like what happens in graphics applications like say AutoCAD.

If an object is associated with a particular layer, it's useful for that association to remain if the object is copied and pasted, especially if pasted in a new file.

My particular usage is that I have a file containing comments on many layers/content groups. I'd like to be able to copy comments from that file, and when I paste them in a new file (lacking any layers) the layers/content groups are added to the new file and the association between each object and the group it belongs to is re-created.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: feature request: layers/content groups accompany objects that are copied and pasted

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi stej

sorry we missed your post. Indeed that is something we can do. At least we can make it paste into the right layer if it exists. We won't automatically create layers as your requested, but if you ensure the layer exists prior to the paste operation then we will look for that on paste and try to put it on the right layer.

RT#5779: Feature Request :: Editor :: layers/content groups accompany objects that are copied and pasted

While for internal use only, referring to the above will mean any support staff member should be able to get you a status update.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com