Chinese characters not displayed in comments only

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SuperKingKoenig
User

Chinese characters not displayed in comments only

Post by SuperKingKoenig »

Dear Tracker Support-Team,

first of all, thank you very much for your brilliant work, I really enjoy using the Editor!

The problem:
I have a document that has Traditional Chinese characters in it, which are displayed correctly. In the comments, however, they are not displayed at all, no matter if the comments are made by someone else or by myself. Copied from another file and pasted into the comment, the characters aren't displayed as well.

What is strange: They are there, just invisible. I can copy the "invisible" characters into the search field (where they are still invisible) and search the document with getting correct results.

I already installed the Chinese language pack and the Chinese OCR pack.
Another thing: When I change the language of the application to Chinese, the characters aren't displayed as well, meaning that all the menus, buttons etc. are blank.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Version: 9.0, build 352.0
(Feb 4 2021; 17:55:44)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Chinese characters not displayed in comments only

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, SuperKingKoenig

Could we ask that you send us a copy of the document along with a copy of the fonts which are used in the document, so that we can take a look and see what could be happening here?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com