save webpage as pdf

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thomas wildeboer
User

save webpage as pdf

Post by thomas wildeboer »

Hello,

I want to save a webpage as pdf-file. When I am using the PDF-printerdriver, I will get pagebreaks within the pdf and depending on the page, the page is cut-off at the margins.

I want to print a webpage without pagebreaks, as one long page. Maybe this feature can also be implemented within the software as "create new pdf from web-url"? IT will also be nice to have that feature in contextmenu of the webbrowser.

Thanks and regards,
Thomas
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: save webpage as pdf

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, thomas wildeboer

If you are running the latest releases of our Standard printer, you will notice that we have added a new "convert webpage" plugin to Firefox, and Chromium based browsers (Google Chrome, MS Edge, etc). This plugin should be auto-detected by the web browser after installation and prompt you to enable it, though in practice this can vary per browser as and in some instances it can take a few days for the browser to prompt you. Unfortunately we cannot force this to be enabled, and are entirely at the mercy of your web browser "checking" to see if any new plugins are detected.

Once this is available and activated, you can click the red PDF-XChange button in the top right of the browser to open the dropdown, and be presented with options:
image.png
From the Preferences, you can specify a page size (do note that if using a custom page size, 200*200 inches (14400*14400 points) is the upper limit currently imposed for PDF documents.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

I don't see the button in Firefox. How do I enable it in Firefox? Last time I asked this same question I was told this feature/extension is not available in Firefox.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Referenced topic: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=35911

It seems like the PDF-XChange browser extension for Firefox is (still) not available in PDF-XChange Standard V9.0.352

When PDF-XChange Standard has been installed incl. the browser extensions for Chrome and/or Edge, it is possible to enable these extensions via the browser Settings > Extensions.
Attachments
PDF-XChange Standard - Setup - Browsers Extensions.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Willy Van Nuffel and Kumar

My apologies there, you are correct, a Firefox extension is on its way but has not been published yet. For the moment you will need to use IE, Edge, or Chrome for this purpose.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com