Missing "Generate Table of Contents" in version 7?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Irfan
User

Post by Irfan »

Hi all,

My company just recently pushed an update to version 7 for all users, and I cannot seem to find the "advanced" drop down that had the various features for bookmarks, such as building a TOC.

Am I missing a setting? How can I get this back?

Thanks in advance!
tracker.PNG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Missing "Generate Table of Contents" in version 7?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Irfan

To begin, I should note that version 7 is a few years old already, as we are now in version 9. Is there a reason your company did not update to the latest release? If possible, I would recommend updating to version 9 to take advantage of new features, as well as security patches and bugfixes.

Now to address the issue. The features you are looking for, in the new Ribbon UI, would normally appear on the "bookmarks" tab. This tab is missing in your screenshot, and there are only two cases when it would be missing. Either:
A. Your license key is not present, and you have enabled the option to "hide licensed features".
or B. Your system administrator performed a custom installation, and did not include the Bookmarks plugin.

To rectify this, please first ensure that your license key is present in the "Help > license key" menu, and states "valid". Once you have made sure of that, if the bookmarks tab still does not appear, please ask your system admin to reinstall, ensuring they perform a complete installation of our software.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Irfan
User

Re: Missing "Generate Table of Contents" in version 7?

Post by Irfan »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not sure why my organization has not yet updated to the most current version, I'll be sure to send in a ticket to my IT and get them to look into it.

I've checked the licence and note that there is a valid licence up to October 2022. I'll try reinstalling the application via our software manager before raising it with my IT.

Thanks,
Irfan
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ