Sending email to specific recipient

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

silent-jones
User

Sending email to specific recipient

Post by silent-jones »

Hello pro`'s,

is it possible to configure the send-by-email option to send the email always to a specific recipient, so I dont have to edit it everytime again? I just wanna push the button "send by email" once and be done with it, since its always the same emailadress I am sending my pdf's to.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Sending email to specific recipient

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, silent-jones

You cannot configure the default "send mail" button in the Editor UI to send to a default address, but if you are always working in the same document, you could create a form field button in the document which uses a "mailto:" address as the URL, and would open your default mail client with the email address field pre-filled.

This is done by
1. selecting the "button" field, on the Form tab, and placing the button where needed.
2. After placement, open the "properties" pane, and find the "mouse up" action (near the bottom of the list) click the "ellipsis" button in that row.
3. in the window that appears, choose the "submit a form" option.
4. In the window that appears, ensure these two items are both done:
- In the "URL" field, enter "mailto:YourEmial@address.com"
- under "export format" change the option from "FDF files" to "PDF documents" instead, so you send the entire document.

Now you can click that button at any time to open a compose window in your mail client with the address field filled.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com