Group drawings/comment (feature request?)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

augustus108
User

Group drawings/comment (feature request?)

Post by augustus108 »

Hi,

I know I can select multiple comments (Text and/or Drawing) by holding CTRL and left clicks, but I cannot find ways group them together permanently (also de-group too when need to make adjustment to few items in the group).

Kind regards
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Group drawings/comment (feature request?)

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, augustus108

Unfortunatlety, Commenting grouping is a highly problematic feature which is not handled properly by almost every PDF-reader on the market, simply "creating" the groups is not difficult, but we cannot be sure that other apps will know how to handle those groups, and even for apps that do, such as ourselves and adobe, there are times when "grouped" content can cause issues, some items will not be properly selected or move, and numerous other problems.

The end result, not only for us, but from the looks of it nearly every competitor of ours, is that grouping is far too highly problematic, not only from our end, but from your end as a user, to implement in any capacity beyond select very specific instances, such as the "replace text" tool, which is simply a "strikeout" and "insert text" comment paired together, both of which cannot be moved after placement, nullifying the majority of the aforementioned issues.

I am sorry to say that, for the moment, we have no plans to offer further comment grouping functions.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com