I have a huion drawing tablet and I would like to draw with quality. Is there a tool (excluding pencil) to draw better

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

VitorMCastro
User

I have a huion drawing tablet and I would like to draw with quality. Is there a tool (excluding pencil) to draw better

Post by VitorMCastro »

is there a way to have the same quality draw of OneNote inside PDF XChange?
Screenshot_1.png
The flow of OneNote is smother.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: I have a huion drawing tablet and I would like to draw with quality. Is there a tool (excluding pencil) to draw bett

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

For as far as I know, there is nothing more but the Pencil for freehand drawing in PDF-XChange Editor.

Does it help when you change the thickness (Width property) of the pencil ?
- click the Comment ribbon
- click the Pencil tool icon
- click the Comment Tools / Format ribbon
- click the Properties icon
- change the Width property (you can type values down to 0,1 pt)
- you can also try by changing the "Smooth Level"-property (Low / Normal / High), but myself I have the impression that it does not change a lot

In the File-menu:
- click Preferences
- click Page Display
- click the Rendering... button
- make sure that the check-boxes for "Smooth Line Art" and "Enhance thin lines" are ON
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Pencil Tool properties.png
PDF-XChange Editor - Pencil Tool properties.png (13.6 KiB) Viewed 999 times
VitorMCastro
User

Re: I have a huion drawing tablet and I would like to draw with quality. Is there a tool (excluding pencil) to draw bett

Post by VitorMCastro »

Hey. I already had made most of what you advised.
I think it's the tool itself. It has been done for a mouse.
Maybe. The problem is the delay between writing on the tablet and the response of the program.
Thanks, anyway.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello VitorMCastro,

This is slightly older topic - but maybe you will get better results if you try to set the smooth level with the method suggested here:
viewtopic.php?p=113284#p113284
(You may try to also edit that 30% to a different value - say 10 or even 5 and see if your input is then better?)

Kind regards,
Stefan
VitorMCastro
User

Post by VitorMCastro »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm Hello VitorMCastro,

This is slightly older topic - but maybe you will get better results if you try to set the smooth level with the method suggested here:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=113284#p113284
(You may try to also edit that 30% to a different value - say 10 or even 5 and see if your input is then better?)

Kind regards,
Stefan

Thank you. It helped, but a new tool is needed. It is just gnarly to write with current one.
The flow is terrible, there is no pressure sensitivity.

There's a addon for acrobat named AutoInk, that solves the problem on the adobe program. but, overall, PDF Xchange is better.

I don't think a new pen implementation is on the way, but I'll wait.

Sorry. I didn't receive the notification
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, VitorMCastro

I wanted to mention that we now offer pressure based line thickness (for supported devices) and improved smoothing. I am not sure if this is implemented exactly as you wanted to see, but if you could update to the current latest release (9.2.358.0) perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
bdb1991
User

Post by bdb1991 »

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for the good news. Is there help information on how to set up pressure based devices?
Thank you,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bdb1991,

We do not provide such settings in the Editor, but your input device's drivers or even Windows itself should have pressure sensitivity settings.

Kind regards,
Stefan