Installing Editor Plus v9  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

christopher_whitmey
User

Installing Editor Plus v9

Post by christopher_whitmey »

My laptop is Windows 10, version 1909 x64. After all has gone well for several years a problem arose. To get over this problem Tracker support chat recommended I uninstalled my full paid version and install the latest version. I've had problems :roll: I'll spare you the full gory details! I've a Brother printer - and I've closed it. I then get a Windows message telling me to contact the vendor!
Please can someone let me know:
1. Which file should I download?
2. What steps, simple terms please, should I take to install?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Installing Editor Plus v9

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, christopher_whitmey

I believe that I replied to an email for you earlier today, but for anyone else who is having issues installing the software, the best way to do so is to sign into your user account:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/myaccount
Once signed into your user account,
  1. Look for the green "download" button under "your products and serial keys" this will be the installer for one of your licensed products. Choose the "Zipped" or "EXE" installer if you do not know which one you need.
  2. While that is downloading, look to the left of the green download button, you should see short a blue link with an arrow beside it, click on this link to be given an option to "copy to clipboard". Use that option to make the next step easier.
  3. Once the download is complete, open the zip file, and double click the "PDFXEdit.exe" file.
  4. Now, follow the instructions, choosing a "complete" installation when prompted, and entering your license key with Ctrl+V if you copied it earlier, and then finish the process.
The software should now be properly installed and licensed for your products.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
christopher_whitmey
User

Thank you, Daniel, for your detailed and clear advice. I've checked my emails and can find no trace of an email from you.

When I went to the 'green "download" button under "your products and serial keys"' I could find no *.exe file. Only *.zip and *.msi. I downloaded the 64.msi and installed it. Making sure the Brother printer Control Centre was closed. After installation I opened the programme. I regret to say there is no Help etc toolbar. This was the problem that led me to seek the above advice via Chat.

I can open a file by clicking in middle. When a file is opened the bottom bar appears with options for that file. I attach a file to show the situation. But nothing at the top allowing you to see any toolbars. Any advice please?
PDF_Editor_screen_Whitmey.pdf
(751.81 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, christopher_whitmey

Glad to hear that helped, You are right that the new installers do not make mention of the "EXE" currently, my apologies there, I have modified my post to clarify that I meant the "zipped" installer, which contain an exe file. As you used the MSI installer successfully already, you do not need to worry about that though.

As for the issue with no toolbars appearing, please try pressing f8, Ctrl+f8, and f9, in sequence a few times, you should find that each of them has an effect on the "show/hide" state of the toolbars.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
christopher_whitmey
User

Regret to say, Daniel, that f8 Ctrl+f8 f9 sequence has not cured the problem. When I do this a small black rectangle appears top left side with a blue vertical stripe. You can move the stripe up and down with X at the bottom and 100 at the top. Then the rectangle disappears. Also now when I open a pdf from a file there is no bottom bar appearing !! More help please.

Christopher
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Installing Editor Plus v9  SOLVED

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

Probably most of your toolbars/ribbons are not active at this moment.

Can you please try the following steps:
1) place the mouse-pointer above the gap between the title row and the tab row (like shown in the screenshot below)
2) do a right-mouse-click. Normally, the toolbars pane should show up
3) try to solve the problem by activating the empty check-boxes and then clicking outside the pane

If that does not help, then:
1) repeat steps 1 and 2
2) click "Customize Toolbars..." (at the bottom of the pane)
3) click "Reset All"
4) click "Yes" (in case you are sure to not loose toolbar customizations you have made in the past)
5) if the ribbons/toolbars are still not appearing, press function key F8
6) if the menu is still missing, press function key F9

Best regards.
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Reactivate toolbars.png
PDF-XChange Editor - Reactivate toolbars.png (14.51 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Many thanks for the help!

@christopher_whitmey - please do let us know if the above suggestion worked for you and if not - we can tell you how you can reset all of your toolbars and settings, and this should then resolve the problem (but lets not go there unless necessary)!

Kind regards,
Stefan
christopher_whitmey
User

Thanks Willy Van Nuffe & Stefan. I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.
Christopher Whitmey
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
christopher_whitmey
User

:o
Followed this:
Can you please try the following steps:
1) place the mouse-pointer above the gap between the title row and the tab row (like shown in the screenshot below)
[Took some fiddling to get the normal pointer to change to double headed arrow as in screenshot - but suddenly!]
2) do a right-mouse-click. Normally, the toolbars pane should show up
[ It did !]
3) try to solve the problem by activating the empty check-boxes and then clicking outside the pane
[I ticked every one!]

But the bottom toolbar of the opened document still did not show :shock:
Then I noticed top right of top bar was a symbol about resetting. Clicked that and :roll: bottom toolbar of open pdf appeared !

Thank you VERY much Willy Van Nuffe for your help.
Christopher Whitmey
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Good to know that the problem is solved.

The "Reset" did its work.

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)