Extra pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

town of stratford
User

Extra pages

Post by town of stratford »

I just downloaded and opened two PDF files.

I then printed them to a physical printer; the print dialogue show four pages but six printed - the four in the dialogue and two blank pages. I also selected double-sided printing but it was all single-sided.

I then printed them to the PDF-Xchange Standard printer. After saving the file, I printed to the same physical printer; the dialogue showed four page but six printed. I again selected double sided but it was all single-sided.

How do I fix this issue?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Extra pages

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

Most probably the size of the pages in your PDF is not exactly the same as the size of the paper in your printer.

What you can try is change the scaling "Type:" in the Print-dialog-box of PDF-XChange Editor to "Fit to printer margins".

I hope this will help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Indeed that should help!

@town of stratford - you probably had "Tile Large Pages" or a similar option that would try to ensure that all the content of the original pages inside the PDF is output on paper - even if this might seem like 'empty' pages (as the part that could not fit initially is white area of the original page).

As for the Double Side printing - do you have the latest drivers for your printer, and where did you set this double printing in the settings exactly? Can you show us some screenshots please?

Kind regards,
Stefan
town of stratford
User

Printer is already set to:
1. Fit to Margins
2. Auto-Rotate Page on Paper
3. Auto-Center Page on Paper
20210309 PDF XChange - Print Settings.pdf
(230.78 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, town of stratford

Thank you for the file, Did you also check to ensure that your printer drivers are fully up to date? These could have an impact on how the printer interprets any print command.

Also, I notice that you have selected "letter" as the page size in this example, are you sure you have letter size paper in the printer tray, as opposed to another standard size, such as A4? If the paper sizes do not match, that could again cause an issue with extra "blank" pages being printed, so please do double check this.

As for the duplex printing, from what I have found online, your printer should support duplexing, so it could be that the printers own settings are preventing us from defining what should be used. To get around this, change the duplex option in our print dialog to "auto" and then open the printer properties, and enable duplexing from the printer drives directly.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
town of stratford
User

I am trying not to be insulted by your response.

I use this same printer with the same settings for other software like, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, FileCenter, Adobe, etc. I uses the same 8.5 x 11 sheets with all of them and the only one I am getting these extra pages on is is Tracker PDF XChange.

As to duplex printing. Are you telling me to set the printer in Devices and Printer to auto and then change the setting for each particular document in PDF XChange?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, town of stratford

It was simply a common troubleshooting step, you might be surprised to know how many people we have gone through lengthy troubleshooting with only to find that their main paper tray happened to run out of paper and it ended up printing on the wrong format. I hoped to clarify that that was not the problem before continuing.

To continue with these steps, I will have to ask that you send us a copy of the document you are having these issues with, so that we can take a closer look at them and their content. If you cannot send the file on the public forums Please do email us with a link to this forum post and a copy of the file so we can run a few tests here.

Now for my earlier suggestion on duplexing, no I was not saying to specify Auto from your windows "devices and printer" menu. I was saying that in our Print dialog, we offer a duplexing option, if you set this to "auto" it should respect the printer's settings. You can change this option here:
image.png
Once that is done, use the "properties" button beside the printer dialog, so that you can enable duplexing on the printer's side and see if that works as expected.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com