A Small Suggestion about Highlighting and Copying

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

lester1027
User

A Small Suggestion about Highlighting and Copying

Post by lester1027 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 am

For now, after highlighting a region of text and selecting it, the text cannot be directly copied with crtl+c. I need to select the range larger than the highlighted text to do so, which can be a little bit inconvenient.

Is it possible that when we select the highlighted text, we can also directly copy it?

Thank you.

lester1027
User

Re: A Small Suggestion about Highlighting and Copying

Post by lester1027 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Currently, if I use the 'copy' function after selected the highlighted text, the highlighting itself is copied and when I use the 'paste' function, one more highlighting layer is applied to the highlighted text.

I cannot think of a proper use case of this functionality yet.

Thank you.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: A Small Suggestion about Highlighting and Copying

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi, lester1027

This is simply because the "highlight" is itself a comment which can be selected so you can modify the properties. In order to ignore existing comments while using the "select text" tool, you should either enable "Exclusive mode" or hold the "Shift" key to temporarily toggle it on when selecting text that overlaps a comment.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623