PDF Editor Not Responding on Larger PDF Files

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

payne8888
User

PDF Editor Not Responding on Larger PDF Files

Post by payne8888 »

For larger PDF files I have found that they will consistently freeze up the program for 30-60 seconds (ie not responding) before the issue resolves itself and the program unfreezes. The freeze is usually triggered by any attempt to edit or annotate the document. Once it does this once, it will not happen again as long as the program is kept open. It does not happen with smaller PDF files.

It also appears that once this happens the issue does not repeat for a while.

Most of our plan files (PDFs) are housed on a server accessed locally via wifi-connection in the office. Running Windows 10.

I have had this problem for a while now through many software updates.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF Editor Not Responding on Larger PDF Files

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello payne8888,

Welcome to our forum.

I apologize for asking you this, but could you please tell me whether you are using the latest build 8.0.352.0 of the PDF Editor?

You can see that under the Main menu -> Help -> About.

Also, if it is possible, could you please send us one of the files with which you have this issue to: support@pdf-xchange.com
so we can test the issue at our end?

Regards.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello payne8888,

how large are these files?

I frequently work with files in the multiple 100MB and multiple 1000 pages range that are stored locally, and don't see any delays.

However, I suspect in your case it's a problem of a slow server connection, where the Editor already shows a few pages of the document while most of it is not even loaded from the server.

Regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi payne8888,

And please try to disable such options:

image.png

and please let us known if its help you or not. Thanks.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.