Feature Request: New Bookmarks Generate Named Destinations

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

As I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), any new Bookmark created in a PDF file associates the Bookmark with the document page number of the target page. I would like to have the option of associating the new Bookmark with a new Named Destination. I would like to see the option, page number or Named Destination, in the settings drop-down panel of the Bookmarks pane and I would like the election to be remembered as updated by the user. I newly understand that I can create Named Destinations based on Bookmarks but I would like to have the functionality built into the creation of new Bookmarks.
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: New Bookmarks Generate Named Destinations

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PHK,

it sounds reasonable to me, to convert the bookmark to a named destination at bookmark creation time. I am not sure if there are any technical reasons not to implement this, but if there are I am sure we will hear abut it from the dev team.

I have raised a formal Feature Request around this, and while intended for internal use only, should you refer to
RT#5466: Feature Request :: Editor :: New Bookmarks Generate Named Destinations
in correspondence with us then any support staff member will be able to get you a status update.

Note that the final decision as to whether to add this feature will be implemented will be at the sole discretion of the Development Team, so we will have to see what comes of this. In the meanwhile, you can always convert the bookmarks to Named Destinations after you make them all. It is on the Bookmarks Ribbon:
image.png
I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Re: Feature Request: New Bookmarks Generate Named Destinations

Post by PHK »

Thanks, Paul, for your support of my request. It is just a click-saver.
All best,

FringePhil
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)