Load session: current tab names not displayed on title-bar unless specifically clicked

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Timur Born
User

Load session: current tab names not displayed on title-bar unless specifically clicked

Post by Timur Born »

Hello and congratulations of releasing V9!

I regularly load various PDF documents as sessions and have Editor load its last session automatically, using both document tabs and dedicated windows. V8 used to update the windows' title bars of all open windows upon loading the session. V9 does not update its title bars unless you specifically click on a tab first, except for the one tab that is displayed first after loading a session.

As a result I get this in V9:

Last edited by Timur Born on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Timur Born
User

Re: Load session: current tab names not displayed on title-bar unless specifically clicked

Post by Timur Born »

For comparison, this is what it should look like (and did in V8):

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Load session: current tab names not displayed on title-bar unless specifically clicked

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Timur Born

I see that you are using a third party window management utility there, as that is certainly not something that we or windows offers natively. can I ask you if you are able to reproduce this issue when you are not using this utility?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

I have to use said third party utility "Groupy", because Editor still does not offer search results per tab. It is also nice having thematically sorted windows, so Groupy and Editor fit well together. Here is the result without using "Groupy", same problem.

Worked in V8.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Timur Born

Thank you for the verification, I ran another test and was able to reproduce this. A ticket has been made on the matter:
#5463: Sessions no longer show "title name" in separate windows
While I cannot offer a timeline for a resolution, we will be working on it when possible.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

This issue has another side-effect that makes me think about returning to v8. The "Where would you like to search" fields of all unnamed windows remain empty until I click on a document tab. It's not enough to click the window.
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

So do I downgrade to v8 for the time being or will this be fixed in short time?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Timur Born

So far action has not started on the ticket, so the decision is yours, I cannot promise a timeline either way, and you can do as you wish.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Thanks for the information. I went back to v8 for the time being then, because this bug regularly gets in the way of what I use Editor for.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Timur Born

That is understandable, Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this one sooner rather than later.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Does the next update happen to fix this? Else I will have to stay at v8.
omikronTheta
User

Post by omikronTheta »

I would like to second this. I usually have > 20 documents open in a session. Whenever I restart the program and restore a session, I have to click in each document pane in order to have the document title displayed in the title bar. This is very annoying. Without doing this, it is impossible to switch between the document windows (e.g. via Alt+Tab) in a sensible way. I'd be happy if you could fix this soon.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, omikronTheta

Thank you for the added support, The ticket is still marked as in progress, and has not yet been slated for a release. I will add your email to the ticket so that the dev team know of the increased demand.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi All.

This bug will be fixed in the near future.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.