Problem of OCR

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lester1027
User

Problem of OCR

Post by lester1027 »

Dear all, when I use OCR on the attached book, an error occurs.
image.png
lester1027
User

Re: Problem of OCR

Post by lester1027 »

圖解香港史.pdf
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, lester1027

If you downloaded this language package a week or more ago, this could be a known issue caused by the contents of the language package at hand. Please click the "add/remove languages" button in the OCR dialog and if the language you are using says "installed, obsolete" check it off so that you can update it to the latest versions, which should contain a fix. Then try OCR once again.

If that does not help, please send us a screenshot of the OCR settings you are currently using so that we can try to reproduce this here.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

The OCR dialogue is different from what you told me.

First, there is no 'add/remove languages' button but an 'add/update languages' button.
image.png
Second, after clicking the 'add/update languages' button, I found that all the installed languages do not show 'obsolete'.

Third, all the installed languages are not checked in the first place and cannot be unchecked.
image1.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, lester1027

Admittedly, yes there was a typo in my reference to the first button, but beyond that, nothing was incorrect. I said IF any languages show obsolete, try to update them. When a new version of an installed language file is available, your installed files will say obsolete until you update them. As yours do not say that, it simply means you already have the latest version for your chosen languages.

As the issue is still present despite that, it would likely mean that this is a different issue. I cannot reproduce this with your settings on any of my own documents, so could I ask you to please send a copy of another document you are working with then this issue arises?

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

The OCR setting is this.
image2.png
eg.pdf
(442.55 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Thank you very much.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, lester1027

Thank you for the sample file and settings. I managed to reproduce the issue and after some investigation, it seems to be a previous issue which I though was resolved. Apparently I was mistaken and this is still being worked on.

Some languages have a "parent language" which contains some of the files needed by other similar languages. This is the relationship that traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese have. If you have both installed, either should work without issue. Our Devs are looking to resolve this soon, but for the time being, simply having both installed should prevent this error. if you do not have both installed, then OCR may fail in some situations when using either.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
lester1027
User

Post by lester1027 »

Thank you. This has solved my problem.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Problem of OCR

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)