Stamps

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Techteam
User

Stamps

Post by Techteam »

How can I add stamps to a secured pdf document, (note we don't have the password)

we keep receiving documents to add stamps, we have the PDF Xchange Editor plus which does not allow the stamp to be added to secure pdf documents, before we had Adobe Pro and we were able to do it
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Stamps

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Techteam

there are multiple different levels of security that can be applied to a document. Some of which do allow commenting (which stamps are classified under) and some of which dont. We will properly respect whichever form of security is in place, so if you cannot use the Stamp tool, that is likely because the security dictates you cannot do so.

I would recommend that you ask the document creator for a copy which has the proper permissions to allow commenting, as we cannot assist with the removal or circumvention of document security.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Techteam
User

Post by Techteam »

Thanks Daniel

I just have another question still related to the permissions of the document
I have one document that says the signing is "Allowed" however when I click on Sign Document... it show s that I don't have the necessary permissions:
image.png
Please let me know how to fix that
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi TechTeam,

I believe this is because that setting allows only signing existing signature fields. At least that is the case when applying document security via the Editor:
image.png
Results in the same permissions you show:
image1.png
and the same error:
image2.png
I believe that you need to add your signature fields tha you want others to sign before applying the security.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Techteam
User

Post by Techteam »

Thanks Paul

in our case, we receive files from external clients and we need to add the signatures, is there any way to overwrite that security setting on the file with the PDX Xchange editor plus?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Not directly, no. We honour all the security settings placed by authors.

The best way to achieve this is to make the authors of the documents understand that if they need their documents signed then they should add the signature fields before the security is applied.

I do not believe we have a mechanism that can circumvent that security I am afraid.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com