Manual crop control - bug report

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BobM
User

Manual crop control - bug report

Post by BobM »

When clicking the Crop Page tool on the ribbon (under Organise), then selecting Drag Crop rectangle, the resultant Crop pages dialogue displays the Crop Method as Remove All White Space by default, despite the selected area being shown correctly in the corresponding preview window. The user either has to change the Crop Method menu option to Manual Margin control or cancel the preview then right click and Apply changes.
screenshots.7z
(84.62 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Please fix this such that the Crop method on the Crop pages dialogue automatically corresponds to what the user has already chosen.

Likewise, it should not be possible for the user to manually adjust the crop area in the preview pane whilst the Crop method displays Remove All White Space - it should only become available once Manual Margin Controlled is selected.

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Manual crop control - bug report

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, BobM

Thank you for the report and details. I know the "crop" dialog is intended to remember the last used settings, so if you are drawing a crop box often, it should stay on "manual margin control" until you change it to something else. With that said, I do see what you mean about this being confusing behavior, and have reported as such to the Dev team.

As for being able to move the crop box while "remove white space" mode is enabled. That certainly seems to be a bug, and I have also reported this to our Dev team.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com