How do I set PDF/A as a default format  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Eeva
User

How do I set PDF/A as a default format

Post by Eeva »

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to set PDF/A as a default printing format? This format is a requirement given to us by our clients/partners.
If I could set it as a default, it would be great. In my work I use MS Office and AutoCAD.
My PDF-XChange Editor version is: 8.0, built 336 and printer PDF-XChange Lite.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: How do I set PDF/A as a default format  SOLVED

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Unfortunately, you can not set PDF/A as a default printing format in the "PDF-XChange Lite" printer settings, nor as default save format in PDF-XChange Editor itself.

However, the "PDF-XChange Standard" printer, available as a separate package and requiring a separate license, is offering this possibility:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-standard

In the "printer preferences" of that printer, you can find a "General" tab, where you can set the preferred "PDF Specification".

If you like, you can try this out, by downloading and installing the required package.
The only inconvenience: if you do not (yet) have a license, it will put publicity stamps on each printed page.

Regards.
Attachments
PDF-XChange Standard Printing Preferences.png
Eeva
User

Re: How do I set PDF/A as a default format

Post by Eeva »

Thank You, now I know what to do :)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: How do I set PDF/A as a default format

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »