Default Color for WebLinks

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bdolph
User

Default Color for WebLinks

Post by bdolph »

I would like to know how to set a default color for WebLinks text in a document. I can set the hyperlink but the text does not change to a typical blue. I would like to set a default color for text that contains a hyperlink.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Default Color for WebLinks

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, bdolph

PDF is different from other formats, and the "link" you created is not actually part of the text, it is a transparent box above the text. As such it cannot directly affect the text or its coloring. If you want to do this, you will need to manually select the text for editing (with the Edit toll), change its color, add an underline (if you want), and then place the link overtop.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
bdolph
User

Post by bdolph »

I know that in LibreOffice when I make text a link the text color automatically changes. Doing this manually in PDF Exchange is a lot of work if you have many web links.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello bdolph,

You can use the Links Pane, to set different formatting to all of the links inside a document at once:

image.png

However, please keep in mind that this is a PDF Editor, not a text or HTML editor so you cannot expect the same results.

Regards.