Component not initialized ERROR CODE

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PsyDMedia
User

Component not initialized ERROR CODE

Post by PsyDMedia »

I'm having "Component not initialized" ERROR CODE and it will not open the PDF I scanned using xchange. Any ideas?
Attachments
Component not initialized.PNG
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Component not initialized ERROR CODE

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PsyDMedia,

the first thing to check is whether you are running the current build. Help, About.

If not please update and test again. Help , check for Updates.

Current today is 8.0.341.0

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PsyDMedia
User

Post by PsyDMedia »

Same version Image Just bought xchange yesterday. Any ideas? BTW it was Pro I bought.
Attachments
version.PNG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, PsyDMedia

Component not initialized simply means that the file could not be opened because the call to open it came while the software was midway through initializing something the document requires. This can sometimes happen with complex, or very small files and windows tells us to open the file before we are expecting it.
I actually experience this issue frequently myself, so our dev team are aware of it and are already working on possible solutions.

I cannot say when exactly this will be resolved, but in my experience, whenever this happens, you simply need to dismiss the message and try opening the file a second time, it then succeeds. Hopefully we can have a proper solution soon.

Regarding the "about page" showing Editor plus. That is because PRO, is not an application, it is a suite consisting of 3 of our most sought after applications, the Editor plus, PDF-tools, and the standard printer. The one you are currently running, and looking at the about page of, is the Editor plus.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
PsyDMedia
User

Post by PsyDMedia »

Daniel,
Thanks for the quick reply. However, I attempted closing and opening the program and it repeated the error message. But I deleted the troublesome files and repeated the process and I think the issue is that I began scanning while another pdf was open. I opened xchange then scanned all the documents needed separately then combined them into a single pdf. Issue is resolved. I do have to say that xchange is a very good program that I look forward to using regularly
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, PsyDMedia

I am glad to hear that you found a solution to the problem.

I also wanted to note that I specifically did not suggest closing the application, as this would cause the same process to occur, and most likely lead to the same error occurring. My recommendation for now (until we are able to properly resolve it) is to dismiss ONLY the error message, leaving the Editor itself open, and then try opening the same PDF document once again.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com