Digital ID - Digital Signature - Verifiable Signature - Certificate  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

End User
User

Digital ID - Digital Signature - Verifiable Signature - Certificate

Post by End User »

I'm electronically signing enough PDF documents lately that I'm considering getting a verifiable digital ID. One that when someone attempts to validate the signature will show a valid certificate, as opposed to the free digital ID's we can create ourselves in PDF-XChange.

I realize there is a cost associated with getting a certificate from one of the certificate providers, but that is about as far as my knowledge on the subject goes.

I did some poking around on the Internet yesterday and came up with this link from Adobe, which lists their approved and trusted providers.
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/approved-trust-list1.html

Does Tracker Software also have a list of trusted providers? Can someone provide me with a recommendation or an estimate on how much this may cost?

I did a search through these forums yesterday and didn't find much, but if there is already a thread on this topic, I'd appreciate a link to it.

Any other guidance would be appreciated.
Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 (64-Bit) ~ PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version 10.2.1, Build 385 (Enhanced OCR, January 22, 2024; 14:48:39)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Digital ID - Digital Signature - Verifiable Signature - Certificate

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello End User,

We do not have a similar list with trusted providers, but the ones listed on Adobe's side will certainly be big companies that you can trust. As for the cost - that will vary by provider and region, and recommending one or another is beyond the scope of this forum, as this choice is really yours to make!

Kind regards,
Stefan
lev
User

Re: Digital ID - Digital Signature - Verifiable Signature - Certificate  SOLVED

Post by lev »

Check https://www.idmanagement.gov/buy/trust-services/#aces.
IdenTrust has some explanation you may find helpful: https://www.identrust.com/certificates/learn/overview-digital-signing-and-sealing. I've been using IdenTrust's certificate for quite a while. They seem to be the only entity listed on the General Services Administration's website that shows actual pricing.

Lev
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello lev,

Many thanks for sharing your experience! Hope that is useful to End User!

Kind regards,
Stefan
End User
User

Post by End User »

Thank you both for your input. I'll be digging into this more over the weekend.
Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 (64-Bit) ~ PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version 10.2.1, Build 385 (Enhanced OCR, January 22, 2024; 14:48:39)