Windows Ink text gets hard to read  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

User1234
User

Windows Ink text gets hard to read

Post by User1234 »

Hello,

I'm on windows 10 and use my windows ink pen (bamboo ink) to write annotations on a pdf.
While writing everything looks find but at the moment I remove my pencil from the screen the text gets changed, like more rounded.
It's harder to read and looks very sloppy written. Left picture is when writing, right one is when removing the pen from the screen.

It's e.g. impossible to draw 90 degrees corners. They will get rounded and more muddy same for text. Very difficult to read.

Where can I disable that?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Windows Ink text gets hard to read

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello User1234,

Pleae try with the pencil tool selected to change the smooth level to low in the preferences pane:
smooth.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User1234
User

Post by User1234 »

Thanks for your response!
Unfortunately I don't have this setting.
I only have "keep selected" or "exclusive mode" in the general part. (I use the german interface - also not available in english)
I also searched for updates but in settings there is a green hook and no update available.

Edit: Yes thanks. I had 336 and Auto Update did not work properly. 341 is already a lot better without any settings changes.
Last edited by User1234 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

You can change the "Smooth level"-property just before starting a "new" drawing with the pencil.

This property is not available (anymore) for already existing pencil-drawings.

Regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Windows Ink text gets hard to read  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel, User1234,

I think the issue here might be due to User1234 using a bit older build - as on his screenshot he does not seem to have selected an existing annotation.
So please do make sure you have build 341 - and you should then have that smoothing option!

Kind regards,
Stefan