Hightlight Tool deselects automatically

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thg
User

Post by thg »

Whenever I select the "Highlight Text Tool" and use it to highlight some text, the selection "snaps back" to the hand after each single usage (other than for example with the Underline Text Tool, which I can use multiple times without reselecting). --> How can I make the "Highlight Text Tool" to remain selected/activated for multiple use until I select some other tool myself? Thanks anyone for any helpful advice…. :D
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Hightlight Tool deselects automatically

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello thg,

Welcome to our forum.

Please try to enable this option when the highlight tool is enabled and see if it resolves the problem:

image.png

Regards.
thg
User

Post by thg »

Hi Dimitar,

that was VERY fast and VERY helpful, thanks a lot!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)
ray_silva
User

Post by ray_silva »

I'm totally confused. I have a document in which I was able to easily highlight text.

Then I opened up another document and when I go through the same procedure to highlight text, it doesn't work.

In the first instance, the document had no security. All permissions were allowed. In the second, the same.

In the first, when I clicked on highlight, I got a cursor that looked like a rectangle with a big capital I superimposed in the middle. On the second document, when I click on highlight, I get a cursor that looks like a big plus sign or cross-hairs with the center connection empty and a capital T in a gray box in the lower right hand quadrant of the cross-hairs. When I select the text I want highlighted, nothing happens.

Help please?

Sorry, I don't know if I should completely post a new question.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Most probably it goes about PDF's with "scanned" pages. They do NOT contain real text, but only images.
For this kind of PDF's the highlighter tool will not work.

Two options:
1) Run OCR on these documents to make them searchable and by this, make it possible to use the highlighter tool
2) Use another method to mark text (read : mark parts of the images):
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/203-How-do-I-freehand-emhighlightem-content-in-documents-containing-mostly-images

Kind regards.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the help Willy.

Regards.