Bookmarks change zoom level

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

I am lately getting PDF files that change zoom settings to fit width on root bookmarks and to 50% or 66.66% on lower nodes. The same happens in Acrobat Reader with the same files so the files are to be blamed.

Problem is that I disabled "Respect document's settings" and even specifically set PDF Editor to default to "Fit Page", but the zoom changes still happen when a bookmark is selected.

Curiously this only happens with bookmarks (table of content), but not with thumbnails (both in Editor and Acrobat Viewer).
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks change zoom level

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Timur,

The default page zoom affects the document only when you open it - this forces the Editor to shows the document with the preferred default zoom value instead of any value set in the document's initial view or last used settings.

Bookmarks have their own zoom level that is independent of the above settings. Usually, the zoom level is set to Inherit so your current zoom is not changed when you click the bookmark, but if a custom zoom level is set, the bookmark will always switch to this zoom level when clicked.

You can change the zoom level of the bookmark manually from the Bookmark's properties. You can also use the Change Zoom tool available in the Bookmarks tab to change the zoom level for multiple bookmarks.

You can read more about this tool here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... pe_ed.html

Finally, you can disable the zoom factor change when executing 'go to destination' actions with the following option:
image_2020_09_15T11_01_36_946Z.png
Regards,
Radi
Timur Born
User

Re: Bookmarks change zoom level

Post by Timur Born »

Thanks for reminding me about that option (which I never needed in the past)! :)

The PDF files are locked against changes, so I cannot easily edit the bookmarks, but the option does all I need.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)