Sticky notes & dark interface

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pdfuser2021
User

Sticky notes & dark interface

Post by pdfuser2021 »

I have manually set PDF-XChange Editor to use dark colors as shown:
image.png
However, when adding Sticky Notes the dialog box is black text on a black background. Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks.
image1.png
image1.png (16.89 KiB) Viewed 573 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Sticky notes & dark interface

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, chris gallacher

For now, you will want to change the "window" color to something brighter, I will inform our Dev team of this so they can address this in a future release.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
pdfuser2021
User

Post by pdfuser2021 »

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Pretty annoying to have a feature you can't really use when the application does not natively support Windows 10 dark mode.

I just noticed 8.0 build 342.0 was just released but this issue didn't make the cut :(

Changing the window color to be brighter is pointless as you just break it for something else like below....so really think this needs escalating.
image.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, chris gallacher

I am afraid that no, I do not have a timeline available for this item, we cannot directly alter the text color, as it depends on the font color you have set within the comment. By that same token, if we changed the color on this to anything else, people who have already adapted and changed their text color will then also be unable to see their text. As such, this likely will not be changing until we have a proper "dark mode" function, which has been discussed at length internally.

In the meantime, if using a brighter (not necessarily white, but possibly a dark grey?) background color is not an option, and instead you wish for the text to be brighter, you always have the option to change the text "fill color" for the annotation itself.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com