Typwriter vs. text box

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

paulkaye
User

Typwriter vs. text box

Post by paulkaye »

I think that this is less of a technical question, and more about the ways in which people use the software, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone's answer also includes a technical detail that proves useful to me.
Do any of you use both textboxes and the typewriter tool? If so, in what circumstances do you use one versus the other? Is this just an aesthetic thing, or is there some reason that one is preferable over the other in particular circumstances?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Typwriter vs. text box

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Paul,

thanks for the post.

The essential difference is that a Text Box size is defined by the box you draw, the text will flow to fit inside it (assuming enough room), the typewriter tool will see it's bounding box expand as you add text.
TextBox-Vs-TypewriterTool.gif
There are probably other differences that could be pointed out, but that is the one that sticks in my mind.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
paulkaye
User

Re: Typwriter vs. text box

Post by paulkaye »

Wow - thank you for that very clear explanation, and the accompanying animation!
All the best,
Paul
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Typwriter vs. text box

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com