Time to load a page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

igorlima
User

Time to load a page

Post by igorlima »

Good evening!
I notice that PDF XCHANGE EDITOR is a little slower than ADOBE READER when it comes to load pages. The xchange its sluggshi and stutters in the first time a PDF is opened. While adobe reader is faster and smother since the first time the document is opened.
Is that because XCAHNGE EDITOR does not have a pre-redering option, while ADOBE READER does?
I recorded the two programs perfomace using the same document the first time it opens him
Attachments
DL 3689 (CPP).pdf
this is the file used for this test
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
Xchange Vs. Acrobat.rar
both programs were used in the last version avaible to them in the time this post was made
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Time to load a page

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello igorlima,

Thank you for the detailed report.

Please disable these plug-ins and see if this affects the performance in any way:

image.png

image1.png

image2.png

Regards.
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Dimitar - Tracker Supp wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:20 am Hello igorlima,

Thank you for the detailed report.

Please disable these plug-ins and see if this affects the performance in any way:

image.png

image1.png

image2.png

Regards.
Thank you for your response, Dimitar.
Unfortunely i didnt notice any notable improvement while scrolling through pages in the first time they are loaded.
If you have another solution I would be really thankful!
Igor
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Could you please send us a screenshot of the Task Manager while the PDF Editor is trying to open one of the problematic files?

..or just try to notice what is the load on the system during this process.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the PDF Editor - 8.0.341.0.

Regards.
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Dimitar - Tracker Supp wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm Could you please send us a screenshot of the Task Manager while the PDF Editor is trying to open one of the problematic files?

..or just try to notice what is the load on the system during this process.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the PDF Editor - 8.0.341.0.

Regards.
Yes, i'm using the 8.0.341.0 version.
20200826_110632.gif
this is the task manager while I open the same file I attached in the first post and navigate through the scrollbar from page 1 to the last page.
I must add that the file I attached is just an example. The slowness to pass from one page to the next one first time is the same for every doccument.
Igor