Scanned Rotated Pages Build 341.0

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Scanned Rotated Pages Build 341.0

Post by Arnold »

Due to the physical condition of a document, I sometimes have to scan pages and rotate them (Test Scan Rotated). If I then place comments on one of those pages and use Option 1 (see attached zip file) to replace the page, the Comments appear, but are rotated (Page Replaced). I just used a blank new document as the replacement page in this instance (Blank Replacement Page).

Also, if I use Option 2 (see attached zip file) and select Copy Comments, the Comments disappear completely.

Version 8, Build 341.0.

Am I missing a setting?

Is this only here with my particular scanner (Brother MFC-295CN).

Options.zip
(14.16 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Attachments
Pages.zip
(22.43 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Scanned Rotated Pages Build 341.0

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Arnold

In the first case (option 1) the comments are being rotated because the source page is rotates 180 degrees, and the new page is not rotated at all (0 degrees).

In the second case (option 2), the cause is that these settings pertain to the content on the new page which is replacing the old content, not the old one. This is not asking if you wish to retain the existing comments, it is asking if you would like to carry over the comments, form fields, and bookmarks from that other document into this one (as if merging the two files).

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I sometimes have to scan a document "upside down" or "bottom first" because it won't feed through otherwise. So I gather the program determines that comments need to be rotated, even if I have previously rotated the document to correct for the original scan problem. Is that the way it is supposed to work? How about putting in an option to prevent that happening then?

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Arnold

Our software can determine during scanning which direction a page's orientation should be, but we do not "decide" wether comments should be upside down or not. To determine that, we look to the page rotation. You can check a pages rotation by selecting the page in the "Thumbnails pane" (Ctrl+T) and then looking to the "properties pane" (CTRL+~).

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com