Custom Shortcut Key Does Not Work

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

msrn
User

Post by msrn »

Hello, I am quite new to here. I am looking for a way to get a custom shortcut key to work properly. I am using Editor Ver. 8.0 Build 340.0 on my homebuilt PC (built just 2 days ago) with Windows 10 Home.

I have been using the Read Selection Out Loud feature quite often, and on my old laptop (HP Spectre x360 13-ac000 with Widows 10 Home) I assigned a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + R) for this feature. It was working well there, but when I tried the same thing on my new PC, well I can create the shortcut key but it does not work, it only makes an error sound. Attached is the screenshot of my settings, but I am a bit lost since the exact same command was working perfectly on a different machine. If there is anything else I should check, I can share it.
customize_toolbars.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Custom Shortcut Key Does Not Work

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, msrn

Apologies for the missed reply, Seeing your report now, I know we resolved a similar issue in the release of Build 341.0. Have you updated since reporting this? If so, are you able to properly create these shortcuts now?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
msrn
User

Post by msrn »

Sorry for my late, late reply. I still don't see it fixed. Indeed, I updated to the current version 9.0 build 354.0, and the shortcut key still only makes the error sound. If I select some text & right-click & left-click on 'Read Selected Text Out Aloud' it works, but the assigned shortcut doesn't. It doesn't look like it is related to the physical machine, since the same issue arises on any of my PCs (Lenovo AMD laptop, HP Spectre with Intel, etc.). Is there any workaround out there? Or do I have to always right-click on the selected text?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Confirmed.

Even though it has been announced as "fixed" in build 353, it is still not working in the current build 354.

Additional info: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=36160

The problem seems to be related to shortcuts assigned to features offered by the plug-ins.

Possible work-around = put the command in the Home ribbon and use the ALT-key combination.

Best regards.
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Custom shortcut keys.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Willy Van Nuffel

Thank you for the inspection, I have tested and confirmed that this issue seems to have only been partially fixed, as some commands which previously did not work are now functioning properly, but others, like the read out loud command, are still not working.

As such, I have re-opened the ticket in question, and informed our Dev team directly of the reason for doing so. Hopefully they can re-iterate on the fixes they made previously and have this properly sorted soon. For reference, since it is not listed in this thread, the ticket number is as follows:

RT#5456: shortcut keys do not work

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
msrn
User

Post by msrn »

Thank you everyone, hope this will be solved soon. I am a huge fan of this read-out-loud feature with custom shortcuts. Will try the workaround for the moment.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)