How to print Pop-Ups so that they do not cover text?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Michael_Swinton2
User

How to print Pop-Ups so that they do not cover text?

Post by Michael_Swinton2 »

Hi,

How can I print Pop-Ups so that they do not cover text on the page? I actually already moved the Pop-Ups over the edge of the pages but when I select the print pre-view with "Whole Content" then they are displayed on the edge but slightly cover the text on the page. Is there a way to avoid this or another form of workaround? It would also work for me if I could print them similar to notes in MS Word but so far I have not found an option to make that happen.
Michael_Swinton2
User

Re: How to print Pop-Ups so that they do not cover text?

Post by Michael_Swinton2 »

It would also be good to know if this overlay in the print version has to be accepted if there is no technical workaround.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Michael_Swinton2

You have a few options here. I believe that the best option for you would be to use the "summarize comments" function on the comments tab to generate a document one page for the regular content, and a second page paired with it detailing comments on that page.

Another option would be to "resize" the page (from the organize tab) without scaling the content, so that when it is printed, the comment can be farther to the side and not have the ability to overlap any page content.

If you need additional details on either process, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Mathew
User

Post by Mathew »

I love the "summarize comments" feature, but have a request: Could we get an option to only include comments with popup information? Otherwise we get lots of lines that have no information:
FRP Frames 20210608_50% 2021-06-11_2_1.jpg
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Mathew

Thank you for the suggestion, I have created a ticket on this for you:
RT#5624: FR: Summarize comments, skip empty comments
Though internal only, so you will not be able to look it up yourself, you can ask me here in time for updates on its progress. As a new feature request, it will likely be some time before the Devs get to considering it. As such I cannot offer a timeline or guarantee of implementation at the moment.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com