Build 340.0 Scanning

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Build 340.0 Scanning

Post by Arnold »

I updated PDFX Editor Plus to build 340.0 using the MSI installer and everything seemed to run well. If I scan a document (with OCR) now though, the "buy now" stamps appear in the upper corners if saved. The program is correctly reflecting the 311 days remaining on the current license key.

Is this just here, or are others experiencing this same problem?

Thank you.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Build 340.0 Scanning

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

are you using the Enhanced OCR where as before maybe the default OCR? I see you have two licenses, one that includes EOCR, one that doesn't. Are you sure you are using the right key?

We haven't had any similar reports and it seems fine here.

Don't post your key on the forum, but send it to support@pdf-xchange.com and we will check it for you.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

No key change, update only. Please see attached

.[attachment=0]2020-07-30 00_44_45-About.png
Attachments
2020-07-30 00_44_45-About.png
Scan Test.pdf
(218.71 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Stamps did not appear when I "Reset Settings" and scanned and saved the same document.

I notice also that Alt-O which I have always used for "Save As Optimized" is no longer working.

Might there be a conflict?

Everything worked perfectly in 339.0. Attached is the settings file I have been using constantly since 07/17/20.

Windows 7.

PDFXChangeEditorSettings 339.0.zip
(151.62 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

My understanding is that both of my licenses have enhanced OCR. When you introduced the feature I still had a couple of years remaining on one of my licenses and was grandfathered in on enhanced OCR. Is that where the problem lies?
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

It is not the settings file causing the "Buy Now" stamps. It just occurred to me that when I did the scan after "Reset Settings", I forgot to set OCR in image insertion options. So stamps appear regardless of settings, which makes sense.

There is still the problem with the Alt-O shortcut for Optimize though, which I never had in previous versions.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Arnold,

I can see in our system that you have several licenses registered to you account.

Could you please send us screenshots of the following menus of your PDF Editor to: support@pdf-xchange.com

Main menu -> Help -> About

Main menu -> Help -> License key.

Regards.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I sent those over. From my previous post one can tell which version is installed, the one that was generated on 04/02/19. I thought this would be an easy fix. Reverting back to 339.0. Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Arnold

I just wanted to followup here and let everyone else who may be having this issue know. The problem is currently caused by having Both a V7 key w/ active maintenance, and a V8 key covering EOCR installed. We are working to address this for the upcoming 341 release.

In the meantime rolling back is not necessary, simply remove the V7 license key that is present if you happen to have a V8 EOCR key installed.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Just checked in 341.0 and it appears to be fixed - no more watermarks.

Has anything changed with shortcuts? Have always used Alt-O as shortcut for File -> Save as Optimized, but it no longer works. Worked up until 339.0. Still listed in shortcuts list in 341.0.

Thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Arnold

Glad to hear it is working for you now. Nothing has changed with regard to the Save as optimized key combination. It should by default not have any combinations however. If this is not working currently, you may want to try reassigning it and see if that helps at all.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I have a number of Alt- shortcuts, and it seems the only one that does not work now is Alt-O. If I change the shortcut, it still does not work. It appears the problem is specifically with the Save As Optimized command. Windows 7 & Windows 10. The shortcut worked okay with versions prior to 340.00.

Thanks.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I tried this again today. Same result, Alt-O did not work with the Save As Optimized command. This shortcut works fine for other commands. I tried other shortcut keys with Save As Optimized with the same result. It seems no shortcut key works with the Save As Optimized command any longer.

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Arnold

Terribly sorry for the delay here, It seems we missed your previous post entirely. I do recall this working when I wrote my previous post, but have now reproduced this and am creating a ticket on the matter. For reference:

RT#5456: Save as optimized, shortcut key do not work

Hopefully this can be resolved in a shot timeframe.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com