Rotated page zoomed to "Fit Page" is not centred.  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

amyrose
User

Rotated page zoomed to "Fit Page" is not centred.

Post by amyrose »

As subject:

When I rotate a single page orientation by 90°/270° from Portrait to Landscape the page size and content is adjusted appropriately. However, the page display and zoom function appears to act like the page is still in its original orientation.
Changing all pages in the document to the same orientation creates expected zoom behaviour.

This isn't intuitive and disrupts viewing when scrolling through documents with multiple page sizes and orientations.
Is there a setting I can change or is this expected behaviour?

Example:
Page 1 in portrait is zoomed as Fit Page and scaled @ 73.46% and displays full page height as expected.
Then I can use the scroll wheel to change pages to page 4.
Page 4 is in landscape and the zoom scale is automagically adjusted to 103.9% to fit the width of the page, but the page is now offset as if centred on a portrait height page so there is a gap at the top of the page and ~1/3rd is not shown on bottom of screen, clicking on Fit Page has no effect as it thinks it is already in this zoom mode.
I can now use the scroll wheel to scroll the page up and down but the increments don't align the page with the window so it cannot be viewed in full which requires the use of scroll bars.
I can no longer use scroll wheel to display the next page either and have to use the navigation button at the bottom of the window.

Attached is a stripped down version of a document.
Hauraton-Einbauanleitungen.pdf
(1014.07 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
amyrose
User

Re: Rotated page zoomed to "Fit Page" is not centred.  SOLVED

Post by amyrose »

Issue is resolved using the solution provided below.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=34759&p=144291#p144291
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Rotated page zoomed to "Fit Page" is not centred.

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)