Vector-based export to PowerPoint

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

Vector-based export to PowerPoint

Post by David.P »

Hi forum and Tracker Support Team,

I noticed today that some types of PDF comment objects are converted to bitmaps when exported to PowerPoint.

Specifically, ovals and rectangles are affected. These are exported to PowerPoint as bitmaps in most cases, while all other typical comment types, such as lines, arrows and polygons, are exported to PowerPoint correctly as vector objects.

Only if those ovals or rectangles are set to Blend Mode "Normal", and only if not flattened, they will be preserved as vector objects in PowerPoint.

For more details see the attached source PDF and the PowerPoint file created therefrom using "Save as" in PDF-XChange Editor.

It would be great if this behavior could be changed in order to be able to export all typical comment shapes as vector objects to PowerPoint.

Many thanks for looking into this,

Best Regards
David
--
Export Shapes to PowerPoint.pdf
(21.33 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Export Shapes to PowerPoint.pptx.zip
(32.13 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Vector-based export to PowerPoint

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

I must be missing something. The .pptx file you presented appears to be all vector based to me. What am I supposed to be seeing on that conversion, for me it pixelates temporarily in PowerPoint then quickly resolves sharply at maximum zoom like a vector would.

What am I missing?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Paul,

The orange objects look like vector objects at first sight. But if you drag one of these objects, for example an orange ellipse, much larger with the mouse, you will see that it is a rasterized bitmap object:

image.png

You can also tell this by the fact that you can't change the line color or the fill of the orange objects.

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello David.P,

Are you using build 366? And which version of office is installed on your end?
I could not reproduce your issue. In fact I even tried converting the PPoint file back to PDF (as PPoint only allowed 400% zoom, and the Editor offers up to 1600%) - and could not see no rasterization. All the ovals are still vector objects:
image.png
(I removed the others so that in the contents pane there are less objects so that you can see that all selected are vector paths.)

Kind regards,
Stefan