Got lost (a little bit)...

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Got lost (a little bit)...

Post by Puffolino »

There's a small problem with the thumbnail panel, I try to explain what happens using a document with many pages) and the thumbnail panel is present...

1. Let's say the thumbnails are shown in two columns and the document is displayed in single page mode. When I select the thumbnail for page number 20, the page will be seen on the main window.
2. Then I click on the main window and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to go to page 21. (optional step)
3. Now I increase the size of the thumbnail panel to show 3 instead of two columns.
4. Now the thumbnails from page 25 to 39 (or so) are displayed in the thumbnail panel, but not the selected (20) or active (21) page.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Got lost (a little bit)...

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Puffolino,

Thank you for your report.

I tried your steps using our manual as an example file but it seems that I can not reproduce the issue at my end:

image.png

Probably this is not a file specific but could you please try the same thing using our manual:

https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe8/PDFXE8_MAN.pdf

Also, I got to ask, please tell me, are you using the latest version 8.0.339.0?

Regards.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello Dimitar,

Most probably you are enlarging the size of the thumbnails by using the zoom icon?
In that case the selected page stays within the visible thumbnails, when the view jumps from two to three columns.

When you enlarge the width of the thumbnails pane, by dragging the right side of it to the right,
you will see that the selected page is no more visible in the thumbnails.

Tried with PDF-XChange Editor v8.0.339 and your PDFXE8_MAN.pdf

Hope this helps to clarify the problem ...
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

V339
grafik.png
grafik1.png
grafik2.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Puffolino

As far as I can recall, this is fairly common handling for panes like this. The Thumbnails pane does have a function to automatically jump to the current page when scrolling in the main window, so if you are ever lost in there, simply scroll up and back down quickly, and you will jump back to the correct page.

I will pass this along to the Dev team and see if they will entertain the idea of changing it, but I cannot make any guarantees at this time.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com