Different Pencil Tool in the Toolbar?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

adrianc
User

Different Pencil Tool in the Toolbar?

Post by adrianc »

Hi there - first post here!

In the main, our IT department work on a default of "install it and let the user figure it out" type of support so even though we've used this software for some time, there's lots of features unknown.

One of the things I'm trying to do is to create a toolbar thats simple to use on the Microsoft Surface with the Microsoft Stylus. Most of my work with PDF Xchange involves highlighting and commenting on PDF specifications and drawings.

So I've created custom Pencil colours and widths in the Pencil > Comment Styles Palette (from another users post) but what I'd really like to have is those pencils (say 4 or 5 of them) available directly on my toolbar to click on rather than going into submenus to change from pen to marker or different colours. Is this possible to do?

Many thanks

Adrian
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Different Pencil Tool in the Toolbar?  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, adrianc

Yes, you certainly can add your customized tool to the toolbars. This KB article details the process for you: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... nge-Editor

I should also note that our knowledgebase contains numerous frequently asked questions, it may be a handy resource for you and your colleagues while learning the software, of course anything that you cannot find you can certainly always ask here as well. We also have manuals if you or any of your colleagues are looking to become an expert on every function offered: help.tracker-software.com/

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com